Wynyard Care Centre
Located in a coastal town in beautiful North West Tasmania, you will experience a real sense of community from the moment you enter Synovum Care Wynyard which is home to 70 residents. We have implemented an Australian first in aged care with the development of two small scale living houses. The main centre is a traditional style nursing home with a total of 56 residents. The small scale living houses each have 7 ensuite bedrooms, an open plan dining and lounge area and a fully accessible and functional kitchen and laundry. Whether you choose the main centre or one of our small scale houses, making Synovum Care Wynyard your home means you continue to be an important part of your local community in a supportive environment. You will of course have access to professional services such as Registered Nurses, Physiotherapists and Palliative Care Nurses as required.
Main Centre (Traditional Nursing Home)
- A qualified physiotherapy plan developed and reviewed by our fulltime Physiotherapist.
- A Lifestyle Team who listen to and support the needs of our residents 7 days per week. Outings, happy hour and visiting entertainers are just a small sample of their extensive program.
- A large sun filled courtyard including an undercover seating area, as well as a number of other areas to sit, a BBQ with table and chairs and a number of vegetable patches.
- An onsite café to tempt the tastebuds with a sweet treat or for your daily coffee as well as a fully stocked kiosk.
- A selection of lounge and dining rooms to choose from and to book for private functions.
- A tranquil chapel provides for quiet contemplation and spiritual reflection and is host to many interdenominational services.
- Specialist services, such as the pharmacist, podiatrist, dentist and optician, coordinated regularly or as needed.
- An onsite hairdressing salon with fortnightly visits from the hairdresser.
- Onsite laundry operational 7 days per week.
Small Scale Living Houses
- You still have access to the main centre and as such have access to all of their features, including Registered Nurse coverage 24 hours per day 7 days per week.
- A regular team of House Companions who truly get to know and understand how you want to live your life so that you are enabled to do so.
- A fully functional kitchen so you can be involved, to the extent that you are capable and wish to be involved, in menu planning, shopping, cooking and clearing up after meals.
- A fully functioning laundry so you can be involved, to the extent that you are capable and wish to be involved, in managing your own washing.
- A normal living environment, designed to enable you to live like you did at home, like being able to make your guests a cup of tea or slice up some cake to share .
- Access to your own courtyard or front garden and to dementia specific gardens. And pathways leading into the main centre.
|SMALL SCALE LIVING HOUSE|
|SINGLE ROOM (Private Ensuite)||Payment Options||Amount|
|Each house incorporates a fully functioning kitchen and laundry, along with a dining area, sitting area and purpose built outdoor garden.||Maximum RAD||$365,000|
|Combination Payment||50% RAD $182,500 50% DAP $20.20|
|Size 20 (m2)|
|SINGLE ROOM (Share Bathroom)||Payment Options||Amount|
|All single rooms have an outside street views or courtyard views and capture some morning or afternoon sun. TV and phone outlets and underfloor heating.||Maximum RAD||$245,000|
|Combination Payment||50% RAD $122,500 50% DAP $13.56|
|Size from 9.7 (m2) to 16.4 (m2)|
|COMPANION ROOM 2 share (Share Bathroom)||Payment Options||Amount|
|Sharing a room with a companion is proven to reduce isolation and loneliness in the elderly and those living with a diagnosis of dementia. Companion rooms each have TV and telephone outlets and underfloor heating.||Maximum RAD||$215,000|
|Combination Payment||50% RAD $107,500 50% DAP $11.90|
|Size from 19.6 (m2) or 20.8 (m2)|
“As normal a life as possible” is built around listening, working and supporting you and the choices you make on how you want to live your life. You and or your advocate will work with our lifestyle team to implement an activities schedule that is unique to you and your life. Below is a sample of what is available to you:
- Maintaining your connection with external clubs
- Attending game clubs for puzzles, crosswords, bingo, cards and more
- Bus outings to local parks, rivers and clubs
- Healthy living club for those who enjoy fitness
- Social gatherings at pampering sessions, high tea and movie evenings
- Visiting entertainment such as dancing, poets, puppet shows and concerts
- Art club and visiting pets are all part of our lifestyle choices